The Haight Ashbury Merchants Association (HAMA) was established to build merchant cooperation, promote, improve, market, advertise, and beautify the Haight-Ashbury shopping district and visitor experience.
Our organization seeks to create a vibrant community and a welcoming place for residents and visitors alike.
Annually, we have sponsored the holiday lights on the trees along Haight street. Our members have drafted and approved a plan to revitalize the street. We are working closely with the city and other neighborhood community groups to support the following:
- Addition of parklets, bike corrals and sidewalk improvements as called for in the city's Better Streets plan
- Occasional planned street closures for pedestrian friendly events through the city's Sunday Streets program
- Streetscaping, planters & decorative tree guards
- Improved lighting
- A welcome gateway such as an archway or decorative signage or poles, historical markers, and pathway
- Integrated traffic flow, bicycle lanes and pedestrian pathways to/from neighboring areas including the Panhandle, Golden Gate Park, Buena Vista Park, Cole Valley, UCSF, Inner Sunset, NOPA, and the Lower Haight
Annual membership dues for The Haight Ashbury Merchants Association (HAMA) are $250.
Your membership allows us to continue to work with the city and other neighbourhood groups to improve the area and support local businesses.
HAMA is a tax-exempt 501c(6) business organization. Your contributions are expensable but not tax deductible.
Please use the links below to process your payment:
For a one time payment, please select this option:
If you would prefer to set up a recurring payment, you can select this option:
If you would like to support HAMA further, you can give another amount here:
Haight Ashbury Merchants Association (HAMA)
1388 Haight St., #151
San Francisco, 94117-2909